Access to Technology: Ensure residents have the technology tools and skills needed to fully participate in the economy and civic life.
It is important that individuals and communities have the information technology capacity needed for full participation in our society, democracy and economy. Digital Equity is necessary for civic and cultural participation, employment, lifelong learning, and access to essential services.
The City will seek to accomplish the following action steps to ensure residents have the technology tools and skills needed to fully participate in the economy and civic life.
- Facilitate digital literacy and access to technological tools for residents to use in finding jobs, interacting with government and connecting with one another.
- Remove barriers to private development of citywide information infrastructure.
- Proactively ensure that all residents have equal access to information infrastructure.
- Continue to track the use and availability of technology tools.
- Establish strategy for ensuring every home has access to fiber optic internet.